Glasgow producer Turtle has treated us to another exquisite preview of his forthcoming sophomore EP, Colours. Due to be released on April 6 through Beatnik Creative, the EP is without question one of the strongest collections of the year so far. Listen to his new track Silent Weapons.
1. Róisín Murphy – Gone Fishing
2. Yumi Zouma – Song for Zoe & Gwen
3. Cuushe – Tie
4. Warpaint – No Way Out (Redux)
5. THEESatisfaction – EarthEE
6. BadBadNotGood & Ghostface Killah – Ray Gun (feat. DOOM)
7. Pale Blue – Dusk In Parts (feat. Jana Hunter)
8. Romare – Work Song
9. Autumn – Shivers
10. Tei Shi – Bassically (HONNE Remix)
11. Jam City – Proud
12. LIDS – Sarsfest
13. Fort Romeau – Not A Word (ft. New Jackson)
14. Lindstrøm – Home Tonight (feat. Grace Hall)
15. Emile Haynie – Come Find Me (ft. Lykke Li, Romy)
Manchester five-piece Dutch Uncles have unveiled another addictive track from their upcoming new album O Shudder. Be Right Back is the fourth track to be lifted from the upcoming album, due February 23 on Memphis Industries. Fans of CYMBALS and Hot Chip should enjoy this one.
Chromatics have unveiled the lead single from their forthcoming new record Dear Tommy, due for release in March on Italians Do It Better. Their atmospheric new track is called Just Like You and it’s available as a free download from Johnny Jewel’s Soundcloud.
They’re going to release a new single every week until the album comes out, so stay tuned for more.
The Last Time is the beautifully shimmering new release from Kotomi, the moniker of LA-based musician Lauren Hillman. The song was born out of the tragedy which Hillman experienced last year. She explained to Gorilla vs Bear, “two amazing women passed away last year that were a big part of my childhood, and this song was inspired by them. It’s about love, loss, and the fragility of life.”
The result of such a tragic experience is the defiantly uplifting The Last Time, a song in which she looks back emotionally on the last time she spoke to the people she lost, over a bed of rousing drum patterns, glimmering synths and soaring choruses. Listen below.
Italian producer Pietro Ianuzzi will release Pause, his second album as Indian Wells on March 9 through Bad Panda Records. The forthcoming seven-track LP will act as the follow-up to his atmospheric 2012 debut Night Drops, and features his latest cut Mountains.
6. Games In The Yard (feart Matide Davoli)
7. New York Nights
Indian Wells’ forthcoming Pause LP drops March 9 on Bad Panda Records.
Emerging Minneapolis-based producer Morly has followed-up her debut single, Seraphese, with another angelic and hauntingly beautiful new track entitled Maelstrom. The track is featured alongside contributions from Beat Culture and Fever Trails, all of which are part of Ryan Hemsworth’s Secret Songs project. Listen below.
1. Pale Blue – The Past We Leave Behind
2. Yumi Zouma – Catastrophe
3. Prints_ – Ghosts
4. Dan Lissvik – Airwalk
5. Turtle – Colours
6. Nadastrom – House Shoes (Ft. Nina K)
7. Action Bronson – Actin Crazy
8. Toro y Moi – Empty Nesters
9. Laura Groves – Dream Story
10. Travis Bretzer – Lady Red
11. Fort Romeau – Insides
12. Purity Ring – Begin Again
13. Panda Bear – Sequential Circuits
14. Natalie Prass – My Baby Don’t Understand Me
San Diego-based musician Nick Leng releases his three-track EP Tunnels And Planes on January 30 via MrSuicidesheep. Listen to his chill new track Inside Your Mind, which features Carmody‘s dreamy vocals.